SQN is seeking an experienced, construction Resident Engineer to serve in a leadership role in the firm’s growing transportation group.
SQN Associates, LLC is seeking an experienced, construction Resident Engineer to serve in a leadership role in the firm’s growing transportation group. The candidate will manage transportation projects in the greater Chicago area. The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills and be a highly motivated, self-driven, detail-oriented team leader.
- Education - Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Construction Management Degree preferred
- Experience - Transit/Transportation construction management experience preferred: 10 years
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license is preferred
- Ability to lead from a field-based office
- Candidate must demonstrate a willingness to acquire new responsibilities and skills, and work in a team environment
- Manage and oversee transportation projects
- Monitor contractor progress and compare with reviewed progress schedule
- Administer work or scope changes to brief client on project issues and provide possible resolutions
- Strong issues & change management skills (estimating experience for change orders is a plus)
- Facilitate and chair construction progress meetings
- Stakeholder coordination
- Oversee approvals of documentation required for work
- Review contractor's documentation associated with the project
- Review contractor's pay applications
- Provide status updates for Monthly Reports on related activities
- Strong attention to detail and strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and balance multiple tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to lead teams in a collaborative environment
- Proactive and takes initiative
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
SQN Associates, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering a competitive compensation and benefits package.